Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hello! This blog is has been transplanted from my MySpace account. I think what I disliked about posting my blogs over there was that I could see the random people that were potentially looking at my blog. I suppose that's a possibility here, too, but I don't anticipate browsing through other people's blogs very often. And therefore, I will feel secure, and less like a proded, raw piece of meat.

Having said that, I don't want to give the impression that I'm too shy. I am shy, but this blog will force me to break free and share some thoughts. And who cares if no one reads this? Who cares if everyone I know reads this? Either way, this should be fun.

It's Tuesday evening, and I just finished my Monday. After taking a day off to get my dad to the airport after his visit, I feel like the week is just beginning. David is gone until Thursday, so that means I still have a couple more days to myself. Usually I spend these types of days on the couch, or occassionally catching up on my reading. Tonight I have big plans for writing a lingering assignment before school starts, and maybe busting out that yoga mat that has been in the closet for months and months.

Lately, I've noticed I have a problem. It's lack of motivation. Every now and then I notice this ailment and it really bothers me. So I'll go home, go for a run, leave the tv off all night, make a tasty dinner, get some work done, head to bed at a decent hour, and wake up the next morning feeling relaxed as a result of my productive evening. On really good nights I'll do a load of laundry and do the dishes. Very rarely, I will clean the bathroom, or put the laundry away.

I've proposed a lifestyle change for myself. It is to acheive the "productive me" I just described. Hopefully, by making my announcement public, I will feel more obligated to veer away from my nasty habit of laziness. [For those of you that don't know me, please don't place a picture in your head that I am glued to the couch with various unidentifiable crumbs wedged between my many fat rolls. My action here is actually to prevent that from ever happening.]

So, faithful readers (pretty easy title to acheive since I've only posted one blog, huh?), this is my vow to you: I hereby promise to change my ways. I will not venture out to the wastelands of sloth. I will pick myself up and trudge (however painfully it may be) to the land of productivity! Harrah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! how ambitious of you! you're inspiring! maybe I'll get off the couch tonight, too! love you!

Shauna said...

I know exactly how you feel Laura. Only mine is "Oh good, the little girl is sleeping which means I can take a nap too!" I have been finding through a very timely and painful process that a nap rarely does any good, and being at least somewhat productive (making a tasty dinner, catching up on some reading, even scrapbooking) makes me feel a lot more worthwhile. Though I might need to refer to your blog to remind me about 3 times a week (hence the TIMELY process, I swear I'm a slow learner sometimes!) On that note, sweet dreams all. (And maybe I can take this opportunity to write in my blog too! Thanks Laura!)