Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Life is a Cycle



pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal



That is what my life is all about right now. I wake up and walk Oscar (walking motion is very similar to pedaling), and then I eat breakfast while watching the Tour de France (lots of men pedaling), and then I go pedal my bike. I practice efficient pedaling. It is my weakness right now, because I have just discovered how to use all my leg muscles to pedal and now I have to train myself not to pedal the way I have been pedaling my whole life. Ultimately, it will help me climb up all those mountain passes on August 4th, the day that is looming ahead, and the one that worries me on a daily basis.


Thank you, "Pigs Eat Corn," for calling me The Man, because it is a male dominated sport, and maybe if I think more like a man, I'll get through all this just fine. However, I have included a picture of one man who didn't know when to quit. May I never wind up like him (although my rear is way cuter).



I rode 20 miles today, I thought of it as my warm-up ride. Tomorrow I'll kick it up a notch and aim for 30, and this weekend I'm doing a 50 mile ride. This is all good, except that those of you who have been to Denver might have noticed how flat it is. I need some mountain training. Someone, please, call me King of the Mountains? I think I can trick myself into believing it, especially since I look good in polka dots.

1 comment:

Andie East said...

78 miles? Damn what is up with you people, you are so crazy. I think Pigs eat corn even came over to explain it was 78 and I blissfully said, umhum yeah, that's what I said but SEVENTY EIGHT MILES??? THIS IS INSANITY? YOUR V JAY IS GOING TO FALL OUT!

all I can say is wear lots of padding.