Friday, May 04, 2007

The Day Has Come

I finally get a weekend where I don' thave to worry about getting my homework done. After dreaming of the possibilities (there was hope for a camping trip), I've decided my time would be best spent at home, cleaning up after myself.

Let me explain the significance of this: I hate cleaning. My house has gotten so bad that I am unhappy when I come home. Seeing clothes strewn over every possible chair arm and back possible does not make me happy. Not being able to sit in the loveseat by the computer does not make me (or Oscar) happy. Not being able to navigate my way through the bedroom because there are so many pairs of shoes, dirty clothes, bags, mismatched jewelry, etc. does not make me happy.

So I'll be folding laundry with a spring in my step, doing the vacuum cleaner cha-cha, and dusting away all the accumulation of the past few months--the stress, the late nights, the work I was forced to do. It's spring cleaning, and this will be a great way for me to step into my new freedom. A Clean Home is a Happy Home, and the People Who Live in a Clean Home are Happy Too.

No comments: