Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's Tough Living in Health Food Nation

Let's face it, we still like our junk food.

I am of the camp that believes if you are eating healthy most of the time, exercising, and drinking lots of water, that you can slack off every now and then. I give in to my little cravings, which don't come very often.

Like this afternoon, when I went to the vending machine to get a tasty snack. I wanted potato chips, or something salty, maybe a little greasy. I felt like being naughty. Naughty tastebuds. But standing in front of the vending machine, there was none of that. Dried fruit. Sunflower seeds. Trail mix. Oatmeal. Who puts oatmeal in the vending machine? And the sticker on the glass in the top right hand corner taunted me: Healthy Options Vending, Do What's Right For Your Body. Bah!

There was one empty row in that vending machine. I bet that's where the baked Lays were. Wake up Healthy Options Vending! You lost a sale because you failed to indulge my insatiable lust for junk food this afternoon. Forcing your supply on us will not increase our demand. I left the building and found a place that could give me what I needed.

And tomorrow, on my own terms, I might be ready for the trail mix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is because you live in california. they like their health. I wish colorado had those options at times...i always feel guilty at the vending machine, and my guilt goes away if I buy something healthy. I live in colorado - which is supposed to be the healthiest state...but i have yet to find one. Just another reason for you to move back here....FAST!

Andie East said...

The vending machine here is creepy. Also you get so obssessed you think, crap, they should be pointing the candy bars outwards so you can read all the calories and grams of sugar and then REALLY make the correct choice.