Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Said "Husband," He He

It's been like a dirty word, whenever I go to say it, so instead I gesture and over-emphasize. "You know, my husband." The word is still foreign to me. And it's like people are waiting for me to say it, and point out that it's one of my first times saying it. "Ooooh! Your husband! You said it! Oh, look at you blush, you blushing bride, you!"

Then again, being married for only a week and a half, I haven't had many opportunities to use the word with strangers. Until this morning. I explained that my husband had been into the store the other day. The woman on the other side of the counter wasn't phased. Who knows if it even registered. They have married people come in all the time. But for me, it was a huge hurdle. I'm always being told that I look sixteen, or twenty-two. One of these times I'm going to say something about my husband, and someone is going to stop me and ask "You're married? Are you old enough?"

Yeah, people. I'm old enough. I'm married. Get used to it. I know I have to.

1 comment:

candace said...

i noticed that you said "husband." i like it. it sounds good on you. use it in a sentence today. i will: i will have dinner with laura and her husband, david this wednesday with the new plates they received for their wedding. husbandry....i'm loving it!